Here's a quick guide to turning on customer equipment tracking and setting it up before you start using it.
Enable Customer Equipment
- Log in as an admin on the web and go to Settings > Add-Ons
- Turn the On switch for Customer Equipment (Screenshot A)
- Your left navigation now shows the Customer Equipment menu item
Add a New Customer Equipment Type
Now lets add a new customer equipment type. In this example, I'm going to show you how to add an equipment type called Widget. Each widget has a color and a warranty start date.
- Click on Settings > Customer Equipment Types
- Click Add
- In the Type Name field enter "Widget"
- Give it a short description. It should now look like the below (Screenshot B)
Add a Custom Date Field
Lastly, let's add a custom date field to track the widget's warranty start date.
- Under the Custom Field section click Add (Screenshot C)
- Enter "Warranty Start Date" in the Type field
- Choose "Date" in the Field Type field
- It should look like Screenshot E below
- Click Save
That's it! Now you're ready to add your first equipment!