On the Scheduling page you have the option to create an appointment as well as an event! But how are they different/similar?
Firstly, creating an event appointment is very similar to creating a job appointment:
- Click on the Scheduling button
- Choose a view (Assign, Day, Week or Month)
- Click on a date or time slot
- Enter a subject
- Select a date and time or make it 'All day'
- Assign it to a specific staff or team
- Set up the event to repeat (if applicable)
- Enable the email alert for the assignee(s) (if needed)
- Click on Create Event Only
The difference between the two is that an appointment is associated with a lead or job ticket while an event is used to block off time on a staff's schedule.
For example, if you have a staff member who is on vacation or has a doctor's appointment you can use an event to block off that time on their schedule to avoid scheduling them by accident when they're not available.
See the screenshot below:
The yellow appointment box is an event assigned to a staff member, Teddie Booface, to block off time for his doctor's appointment.
As you can see from the screenshot above, clicking into the blank space or text of the event will open the Appointment Details window to edit your Appointment information.
On the other hand, if you click into the blank space of the green appointment box, as shown in the screenshot above, there are more details such as:
- Appointment subject
- Date and time
- Customer information assigned to job ticket
- Additional job details like job name, description, job type, and job status
- Button to view job or edit appointment details
Clicking the actual text of the green appointment box will take you straight into the job that appointment is linked to, as shown in the screenshots below:
Now you can use this for scheduling best practices!