Add a New Estimate
To create a new Estimate, refer to our Estimates article.
Once you have created a new Estimate, you can set up and collect a deposit!
Set a Deposit on an Estimate
- Open the Estimate you wish to set a deposit for. Click on the Set Deposit button.
2. You can set a specific dollar amount or a percentage of the quoted amount for your Deposit. Click Save when you have set your Deposit amount.
*Note: You must have Items added for the Deposit amount to show on the Estimate.
3. Your Estimate will now show that there is a Deposit Due next to the Estimate's status.
Collecting a Deposit on an Estimate
- Once you have Set a Deposit amount, when you open the Estimate, you will now see a Collect Deposit button. Click this button to collect your set deposit.
2. You can now fill in the payment information needed to process or record this deposit amount.
*Note: If you have mHelpDesk Payments enabled, any ACH or Credit Card payment can be processed here as well! You can also choose to send your customer a Receipt of the payment you just took.
3. Click Save!
Your Deposit will now show on the Estimate, and your Estimate Deposit will automatically update to show Deposit Paid.