General

How can we improve Mhelpdesk?

I suggest you ...

You've used all your votes and won't be able to post a new idea, but you can still search and comment on existing ideas.

There are two ways to get more votes:

• When an admin closes an idea you've voted on, you'll get your votes back from that idea.
  • You can remove your votes from an open idea you support.
  • To see ideas you have already voted on, select the "My feedback" filter and select "My open ideas".
(thinking…)

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

If a similar idea already exists, you can support and comment on it.

If it doesn't exist, you can post your idea so others can support it.

Enter your idea and we'll search to see if someone has already suggested it.

• Hot ideas
  • Top ideas
  • New ideas
  • My feedback
  1. Automatic QuickBooks Update Connector with AutoSync

Since mHelpDesk claims to be tightly integrated then truly be integrated. Replace the current import QuickBooks under setting with and AutoSync connector that as soon as you create or update any data element should update instantly on QuickBooks instead of having to do batch updates. And possibly a data map screen to to identify and/or customize which data element get mapped to data field in QuickBooks.

65 votes
    Vote
    Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      You have left! (?) (thinking…)
      2 comments  ·  Quickbooks  ·  Admin →
    • Select multiple employees instead of teams

The goal of this request would be to select multiple employees for the job instead of teams. The color code and teams starts to get a bit crazy trying to select the correct team. This way we could just check off multiple employees and it add it to each person's schedule.

69 votes
      Vote
      Sign in
      Check!
      (thinking…)
      Reset
      or sign in with
      • facebook
      • google
        Password icon
        Signed in as (Sign out)
        7 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Product Team Update: Thank you so much for your feedback! We strongly encourage anyone who agrees with this idea to continue voting. If this idea receives enough support – our product team will create a plan for this to be added in the future!

• I'm coming from Freshbooks where I click one button and after a certain date my overdue invoices automatically have reminders sent every X a

I'm coming from Freshbooks where I click one button and after a certain date my overdue invoices automatically have reminders sent every X amount of days. We need to have a similar feature in mHelpDesk

20 votes
        Vote
        Sign in
        Check!
        (thinking…)
        Reset
        or sign in with
        • facebook
        • google
          Password icon
          Signed in as (Sign out)
          1 comment  ·  Admin →

Hi Dave! Welcome to mHD! Thank you for the feedback, and please let us know if you have any other ideas or pain points in mHD that you need help addressing. I wanted to let you know that we are planning to release a new dashboard to let you see at a glance the amount of invoices that are overdue (Available to administrators only). This should help you see quickly the invoices that need attention straight from your mHD dashboard, without the multiple email notifications. If you do want an email notification to yourself as a reminder to follow up when an invoice is created – we can help you setup a reminder rule if you want to email us happy@mhelpdesk.com. If you want to try it yourself – go to Settings > Reminder Rules. Hope this helps!

• Having to click X every single time.

When hovering over a job on the calendar you HAVE to manually push the "x" to remove the pop-up schedule. This is very frustrating to the people in our office when we have to move quickly.

109 votes
          Vote
          Sign in
          Check!
          (thinking…)
          Reset
          or sign in with
          • facebook
          • google
            Password icon
            Signed in as (Sign out)

Product Team Update: Thank you so much for your feedback! This is definitely something we plan to resolve in our effort to improve the scheduling system. We strongly encourage anyone who agrees with this idea to continue voting. If this idea receives enough support – our product team will create a plan for this to be added in the future!

• We would like the ability to sort work orders by appointment date.

We would like the ability to sort work orders by appointment date.

66 votes
            Vote
            Sign in
            Check!
            (thinking…)
            Reset
            or sign in with
            • facebook
            • google
              Password icon
              Signed in as (Sign out)
              8 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
            • Bulk up the report (Hours Per Staff w/job information)

It would be extremely helpful to have both the Time Entry-on & Time Entry -off for each entry as well as the Job Title information. We want to track lunch breaks and exact time worked each day. Total Hours is not detailed enough. I checked custom report creation but the fields required and report specification options are just to limited.

18 votes
              Vote
              Sign in
              Check!
              (thinking…)
              Reset
              or sign in with
              • facebook
              • google
                Password icon
                Signed in as (Sign out)

Product Team Update: Thank you so much for your feedback! Improving our reports section is one of our top priorities, and will be something we focus on once our new mobile app is out! In the mean time – We strongly encourage anyone who agrees with this idea to continue voting. If this idea receives enough support – our product team will create a plan for this to be added in the future!

• Add Log/Notes Tab Within Customers Section

We often communicate with clients outside a work order. Would be more productive to have a log/notes section within customers just as you do within work orders. Sometimes a single notes field does not work well when we would prefer to capture the time stamp of the note. Such a feature would allow sales staff and techs to coordinate within mHelpdesk rather than require a separate CRM.

72 votes
                Vote
                Sign in
                Check!
                (thinking…)
                Reset
                or sign in with
                • facebook
                • google
                  Password icon
                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                  13 comments  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

Product Team Update: Thank you so much for your feedback! We strongly encourage anyone who agrees with this idea to continue voting. If this idea receives enough support – our product team will create a plan for this to be added in the future!

• Have the ability to add custom fields to the Invoice Template.

We have two locations in two different counties. Each county has a different tax percentage. Our accountant needs to know which county each invoice is at. If we had the ability to add a custom field with drop down selections we could select the location on the invoice so that when it goes to Quick Books the accountant would know which county the tax would be applied against.

150 votes
                  Vote
                  Sign in
                  Check!
                  (thinking…)
                  Reset
                  or sign in with
                  • facebook
                  • google
                    Password icon
                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                    under review  ·  6 comments  ·  Invoices  ·  Admin →
                  • Filter calendar view

Would like to be able to filter the calendar view. We have multiple statuses but would like our scheduler to only see specific jobs (i.e. statuses that are set to "Ready to be Scheduled" and "In-progess". The way the calendar is set up now allows the scheduler to see every job which complicated scheduling.

12 votes
                    Vote
                    Sign in
                    Check!
                    (thinking…)
                    Reset
                    or sign in with
                    • facebook
                    • google
                      Password icon
                      Signed in as (Sign out)
                      2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →
                      under review  ·  ShannonShannon responded

Hi Janelle,

Thank you so much for your feedback! We actually have this feature available for you. If the “Ready to be scheduled” and “In progress” is the in parent status of New or Open, you can filter the calendar to only show new or open. To do this, simply:

1. Log into your account as an admin
                      2. Navigate to Settings> Calendars

From here, you can simply select to “show New & Open Only,”

I hope this was helpful. Have an amazing day!

• 20 votes
                      Vote
                      Sign in
                      Check!
                      (thinking…)
                      Reset
                      or sign in with
                      • facebook
                      • google
                        Password icon
                        Signed in as (Sign out)

• reporting on leads

the ability to run reports on leads would be incredibly useful. for example, being able to see the value of estimates or jobs generated from leads (and run custom reports on leads sorting by date, status, etc)

64 votes
                        Vote
                        Sign in
                        Check!
                        (thinking…)
                        Reset
                        or sign in with
                        • facebook
                        • google
                          Password icon
                          Signed in as (Sign out)

• Add the ability for customers to sign invoices from the customer portal.

Add the ability for customers to sign invoices from the customer portal. That way staff members to not have to meet with customer in person to get invoices signed on an iPad.

56 votes
                          Vote
                          Sign in
                          Check!
                          (thinking…)
                          Reset
                          or sign in with
                          • facebook
                          • google
                            Password icon
                            Signed in as (Sign out)
                            4 comments  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

Thank you so much for your feedback!

We strongly encourage anyone who agrees with this idea to continue voting. If this idea receives enough support – our product team will create a plan for this to be added in the future!

• Add phone number to Google Calander sync.

This was on the old forums so I'm not sure if you are still counting those posts or not but please could you add the customers phone number to the appointment details in the Google Calendar sync. Its much easier, especially on Android, to view the phones calendar, click on the appointment and click the customers phone number rather than having to open up the MHelpdesk app (Which won't work if you haven't got a data signal. See the other request for offline syncing!).

66 votes
                            Vote
                            Sign in
                            Check!
                            (thinking…)
                            Reset
                            or sign in with
                            • facebook
                            • google
                              Password icon
                              Signed in as (Sign out)
                              2 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

Product Team Update: Thank you so much for your feedback!

Great news! mHelpDesk is reviewing this feature. In the meantime, please enter the phone number in the description.

Also, our mobile app2 will have the offline mode feature… stay tuned!

Please contact our support team for more information (888) 558-6275 ext 2 or email happy@mhelpdesk.com. Thank you and have a great day!

• Sync Mhelpdesk and Quickbooks for Customer Updates

Sync Quickbooks with Mhelpdesk to include existing customer updates. It can be time consuming to have to update customers in both products.

141 votes
                              Vote
                              Sign in
                              Check!
                              (thinking…)
                              Reset
                              or sign in with
                              • facebook
                              • google
                                Password icon
                                Signed in as (Sign out)
                                5 comments  ·  Quickbooks  ·  Admin →
                              • Add Credit Card Swipe to mobile App

It would be absolutely AMAZING if we could process IN-PERSON (Swiped) CC payments from within the MHD mobile app.

It gets pretty darn annoying switching back and forth from the MHD app to Square/Paypal Here when you're finishing up with a customer. I think you should look into adding swipe processing for those of us linked up with Stripe/Authorize.net. Not only that, but you could even provide us with custom MHD credit card swipers. We'd totally pay for that, and it would just add to your brand recognition! (Although I'm not going to lie... it would be even cooler to…

50 votes
                                Vote
                                Sign in
                                Check!
                                (thinking…)
                                Reset
                                or sign in with
                                • facebook
                                • google
                                  Password icon
                                  Signed in as (Sign out)
                                  4 comments  ·  Payments  ·  Admin →

Product Team Update: Hi All, thank you so much for your feedback! We have a question and would love to hear your thoughts – how would you feel about having credit card photo scanner instead of a swiper? It would require one less piece of equipment to carry around, and the photo scanning would instantly retrieve your customer’s CC info to process the payment. Take a look at how it would work here, and let us know your thoughts! http://www.cnet.com/how-to/scan-your-credit-card-instead-of-keying-in-number-for-purchases-in-ios-8/

• Improve the SMS feature and set up!!!!

While I know this issue has been implemented, I don't believe it was thought out very well at all! I was so excited about this feature however, when I noticed that it automatically checks the box for all 4000 + customers of mine to receive SMS reminders, I was a little confused. To me, you would ask the customer first if they want these reminders and then if so, check the box. Then to make matters worse, I see that the phone number it defalts the SMS message to, is the first number listed on the customers file - well,…

30 votes
                                  Vote
                                  Sign in
                                  Check!
                                  (thinking…)
                                  Reset
                                  or sign in with
                                  • facebook
                                  • google
                                    Password icon
                                    Signed in as (Sign out)
                                    4 comments  ·  Customers  ·  Admin →

Product Team Update: Thank you so much for your feedback! We definitely have plans to improve our SMS feature. We strongly encourage anyone who agrees with this idea to continue voting so we have a good list of users to reach out to when we’re ready to get the ball rolling on this – we’ll most likely be reaching out to everyone on this thread to gather more feedback as we make changes to this feature. Stay tuned!

• Permit a Customer Search in the Leads Module

Put a robust customer search in the Leads module so one can determine if the customer already exists with HD. If it does then jump directly to that customer and bypass the Leads module

11 votes
                                    Vote
                                    Sign in
                                    Check!
                                    (thinking…)
                                    Reset
                                    or sign in with
                                    • facebook
                                    • google
                                      Password icon
                                      Signed in as (Sign out)

Thank you so much for your feedback! We strongly encourage anyone who agrees with this idea to continue voting. If this idea receives enough support – our product team will create a plan for this to be added in the future!

• Quickbooks Class Request

It would sure help me a bunch in our flow use with mhelp and my integration to QB if you could give me the CLASS Field in Mhelp so that my jobs could be exported with Class designated on jobs and invoices.

43 votes
                                      Vote
                                      Sign in
                                      Check!
                                      (thinking…)
                                      Reset
                                      or sign in with
                                      • facebook
                                      • google
                                        Password icon
                                        Signed in as (Sign out)
                                        9 comments  ·  Quickbooks  ·  Admin →

Product Team Update: Thank you for the feedback! This is certainly one of the features were plan on implementing for our quickbooks integration. Please continue to vote if you support this request, and stay tuned for updates on progress!

• 4 votes
                                        Vote
                                        Sign in
                                        Check!
                                        (thinking…)
                                        Reset
                                        or sign in with
                                        • facebook
                                        • google
                                          Password icon
                                          Signed in as (Sign out)
                                          0 comments  ·  Scheduling  ·  Admin →

• would like to see the Part number on the job ticket.

I would like to see the part number for the products and services on the job ticket. We pull supplies for a job by part number but with Mhelpdesk that is not on the ticket

16 votes
                                          Vote
                                          Sign in
                                          Check!
                                          (thinking…)
                                          Reset
                                          or sign in with
                                          • facebook
                                          • google
                                            Password icon
                                            Signed in as (Sign out)

Product Team Update:

Hi David,

Thank you so much for your feedback!

Great news! We are currently reviewing this feature. Thank you very much for your patience!

Have a great day! :)

← Previous 1
                                          • Don't see your idea?

Feedback and Knowledge Base