I suggest you ...

Add a vendor and purchase order module for users to track these.

Tracking vendors can be rather time consuming. Would be nice to do this in Mhelpdesk. In reverse logistics businesses (e.g., recycling), the customer is often also a vendor, as the business is buying items (used computers, etc.) from that customer. To manage this, it would be helpful to have a vendor list and be able to create purchase orders in Mhelpdesk and synch the above with quickbooks.

482 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    recycledrecycled shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

24 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Anonymous commented  · 

This would also help if integrated with an invoice to add purchases to an invoice automaticaly or to paste from a PO.

• Michael WilsonMichael Wilson commented  · 

So originally suggested on 11/30/2013, and the top voted suggestion, but not a single comment from mHD, what's up with that?

• Paresh RanaParesh Rana commented  · 

Adding the Vendor / Purchasing workflow and tracking to mHelpdesk would make a HUGE difference for us as well. Having the PO be ABLE to tie back to the invoice or client job will be really important. But we should be able to create a PO without a customer / job attached as well. It will be important to have the PO configured to notify the "purchaser" account so the person in charge of this can execute purchases efficiently. PO should track expected receipt date (or pick-up date). Once purchased, the PO status must be changeable by the purchaser to "purchased", and set to "Closed" after the items have been received or picked up by us so we can track the whole process easily. There should be a screen (and print-out) to see "Expected Items" due to be received today (or a specific date).

I am happy to provide any more process details if you would like.

We hope to see this feature soon.

• Petersonenergy20Petersonenergy20 commented  · 

This is a must for us to continue using m help desk for the long Term

• MarkMark commented  · 

This should be one of the top items on the roadmap. It is needed bad.

• SamanthaSamantha commented  · 

There are other job creating programs that have the vendor and purchase order module that link to QuickBooks. You may want to keep up with the competition.

• SueSue commented  · 

We are a service company new to Mhd. Purchases/Items in Mhd is increasing instead of decreasing the day to day workflow. Seems this issue has been discussed for two years or more without any modifications to the program. Where is this issue in the Queue with the Product team? Are there any updates as to the status that anyone has received?

• MichaelMichael commented  · 

I couldn't agree more with the previous 2 comments. Please add vendor-PO functions for sub-contractors and handling their invoices.

• jtenneyjtenney commented  · 

This would be a game changer for us. We use several specialty contractors on our projects, and have to track vendors and PO's in another application. Would be a real time saver to add this to MHD

• Anonymous commented  · 

YES! This is basically half of Quickbooks that is being ignored. We send work tickets to sub-contractors (Vendors) all over the country, they send us invoices for their work when complete. I see no way to use mHelpdesk for this function at present.

• MATT SMITHMATT SMITH commented  · 

One of my biggest time consuming duties in the office is imputing all my material I purchase at the big box stores and my supply houses into quickbooks. My techs already have the receipts all they would have to do is put the information in while they are closing out there jobs. It would be great if mHelpDesk would integrate that with quick books. It would be nice to do reports to see what actual that job costed me.

• Phil ThompsonPhil Thompson commented  · 

I love that you can track the net cost of any given item within an estimate. Similarly, it easily converts into a job with a PO#. If there was a way for us to take that "net-cost" and create a purchase order to a vendor - - this would be an absolute knockout.

Is there any good work-around for this? Like, create an "estimate" and send it to the vendor with the appropriate information??

In a perfect world, this would be right alongside the mHelpDesk workflow - along with a way to plug in tracking numbers, confirmations, and lead times. Just a thought.

• Shelly CollisonShelly Collison commented  · 

I absolutely agree with the comments herein- subs and vendor tracking is a huge work-around process. Having product items linked to certain suppliers, with notes such as "typically in stock" or "lead time 1 week for a specific fixture would give me all the tools I need in one package- there's much more to say here- it gets 3 votes from me

• ScottScott commented  · 

For those of us that mostly do service it would be helpful if the purchase could have markup added to it so it could be selected when creating that invoice in mHD2. This would make it easy for a tech to add it to the job he is working on and invoice right away and even take a payment without having to wait for office staff to enter it all later and invoice later. It just makes sense for mHD2 to sync with quickbooks and not have to enter purchases twice.

• Anonymous commented  · 

We are a custom glass company. Almost every service ticket we do has at least 1 PO attached to it. If we could generate the POs from MHelp and attach them to a Service Ticket it would be HUUUUUGE! Of course we would need to track vendors too. For now, we generate POs in Excel and attach the files, it works O.K., but not great.

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

How many votes do we need for this to be reviewed? I have messaged the live chats, and emailed success coaches. This is something that we really really need. Please add this function asap.

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree with Kevin, Our companies are very similar and that would be crucial for it to work seamlessly

• Kevin R. BoernerKevin R. Boerner commented  · 

Can't seem to find a way to generate a PO# for equipment on an Estimate.

Our work flow is as follows:

Client needs service/repairs
        We create an estimate
        Client agrees to work and signs off on project
        We order the parts from various vendors via PO#'s
        Parts arrive and are matched to the job by the PO#s
        Work finished, we invoice.

If this can be done with MHD then we are 80% sold!!

• DeanDean commented  · 

Need vendor list, purchase order module. You add this, and your sales to IT Providers, MSP's will simply take off!

← Previous 1

Feedback and Knowledge Base