I suggest you ...

Time Card for employee's. I would love the ability to have my staff use a time card or similar to punch in/out each day.

I want the ability for my techs and other employee's to clock in/out everyday and make payroll at the end of the week so much easier to complete. I pay my technicians from when they leave their home in the morning until their last call is completed. Currently they complete a manual paper timesheet telling me the hours they worked each day, almost like a punch card. We confirm those start/end times based on their first and last calls of the day. I know I could create a service call ticket for each tech and use that as a punch card, but there has got to be a better way. Please consider this addition. I'm a new user to mhelpdesk and would really love to see this option.

606 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FSI MechanicalFSI Mechanical shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →
    shannonshannon shared a merged idea: Timesheet for field techs  ·   · 
    TabithaTabitha shared a merged idea: build a feature to clock in and out for the day as an overhead cost that is not assigned to a particular job.  ·   · 

43 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • Tim HealyTim Healy commented  · 

mHelpDesk seems to create all the data needed to create time sheets. The time tracking feature creates the data by using the time tracking clock. I created a line item called Labor-Travel (no charge to the customer). When techs start to drive to a job they start the clock. When they get to the job they stop the clock, then start it again as line item Labor-Service Call. When they finish their job they stop thy clock. Now we tracked time on job and travel time. The next issue is tracking time spent at the shop or going to the supply house etc. So I've created a customer called Tim Healy Services (customer,my company Name). When they get to the shop in the morning they start the clock at a job (my company name) under the line line item Labor-Admin Tech/Warehouse. When they leave the shop they stop the clock. When they go to the supply house they do the same. To create a time card I go to Reports and select the dates and create a report of individual techs line items labor- "whatever." Sounds great right? I will start this this Monday Jan 15, 2017. If anyone has any suggestions please post here. Maybe we can get mhelpDesk off their butts ;-)

• adamadam commented  · 

I'm guessing from the lack of feedback this one's probably pretty far out from being completed. A shame, was really looking forward to the added functionality.

• Richard ClemensRichard Clemens commented  · 

Has this timesheet module been created yet? It is possibly the thing holding me back from trying mhelpdesk.

• guillermoguillermo commented  · 

MHELP please add so techs can clock in and out of jobs that would benefit your services and ours.

• RyanRyan commented  · 

ABSOLUTELY! This must happen!

• Danielle ColangeloDanielle Colangelo commented  · 

Our company is using google sheets, but would also like to have everything on one platform to make life easier. When will this new feature be available?

• Joshua BrownJoshua Brown commented  · 

time card would make my job easier!!!

• ShainaShaina commented  · 

This would be AWESOME! We're trying so hard to go paperless, yet each tech has to hand write a time sheet every day for each site, service call #, time in, time out, travel time and total hours per call. If there was some way HelpDesk could compile a report per technician per day. Like when he changes a status to "In Progress" (start calculating and including Travel time until he completes the call or changes the status to Pending and moves on to the next call.

• MaiMai commented  · 

Hello! Are we any closer to getting this feature released?

• marathonhvacmarathonhvac commented  · 

This would be a great feature and only make Mhelp that much better! It would make it possible for our business to rely on only one app rather than many.

• Michael MuellerMichael Mueller commented  · 

I agree. Such a feature would make time reporting for staff much easier. It would help greatly if you implement it with an ability for staff members to view all ITEMS (services) assigned to them. I.e. staff members need to be able to view a list that shows “All ITEMS assigned to me” and to manually enter the time they worked on any of the items directly from that list. Like this, manual time reporting at the end of the workday would be significantly easier.

So far staff members can only view a list of all jobs assigned to them (“All JOBS assigned to me”). If they choose to report their work time at the end of the workday (with manual time entries / not using the timer throughout the day) they have to click on every job and from there navigate to every item they worked for. This makes time reporting strenuous and time-consuming - especially for those staff members who work on a lot of different jobs every day and for team leaders who have to report the work time for all their team members.

• JamesJames commented  · 

Harvest has a time sheet function, it's the only thing keeping me from making the move to mHelpdesk. mHelpDesk does have more customer functionality, but Harvest ensures I'm invoicing for all the time my guys spend on the job, plus they have to submit their time sheet through the app for approval. Payroll is so simple

• Anonymous commented  · 

Need this. If techs can start and stop their daily time clock, I can gather it all for payday. We can also keep track of manhours at certain jobs easily. Having it linked to the maps would also be nice. This way, if I'm not at the shop in the am or afternoon, I can see where (and when) they clocked in/out.

• Nick WareNick Ware commented  · 

Much needed. Should be as simple as being able to do a check in and check out on each job and a initial check in to the app at start of day and then a check out of app at the end of day. I can see where the GPS captures the last time a tech viewed the app so maybe play on that.

• adamadam commented  · 

Has anyone found a work around for this yet? Im running out of ideas on how to track the hours of my employees on each job. The current time tracking with it turning into a line item just doesn't work.

• michaelmichael commented  · 

Add time card with expense card as well, that can be tagged to the job.

• Justin JeanJustin Jean commented  · 

Please add a time card feature!! We would love to see this too!!

• kriskris commented  · 

It would be a great feature if location services could be linked to the clock in and out to see where employees are located when doing so.

I currently use a time clock system that is linked to GPS co-ordinates, so i can click on a clock in or clock out and see where the employee was at the time of the interaction (it also requires the employee to take a picture on their phone, to stop others clocking them in from a remote location) and they can then specify which job they are on, but exporting to quickbooks my jobs from here, then exporting jobs to time summit, then exporting/importing back to quickbooks is a pain. this could take mhelpdesk to the next level in superiority over competition. Even without the GPS location services its a much needed update!!!!

• Anonymous commented  · 

I agree, a time sheet for employees to clock in and out is needed

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base