I suggest you ...

Time Card for employee's. I would love the ability to have my staff use a time card or similar to punch in/out each day.

I want the ability for my techs and other employee's to clock in/out everyday and make payroll at the end of the week so much easier to complete. I pay my technicians from when they leave their home in the morning until their last call is completed. Currently they complete a manual paper timesheet telling me the hours they worked each day, almost like a punch card. We confirm those start/end times based on their first and last calls of the day. I know I could create a service call ticket for each tech and use that as a punch card, but there has got to be a better way. Please consider this addition. I'm a new user to mhelpdesk and would really love to see this option.

683 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    FSI MechanicalFSI Mechanical shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

60 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • VincentAdminVincent (CEO @ mHelpDesk, mHelpDesk) commented  · 

Please keep this thread going. This is a top priority for mHelpDesk and we'll be needing beta testers very soon. Thank you to everyone that participated helping us think through the design. Stay tuned!

• AnonymousAnonymous commented  · 

Sign us up to be Beta testers!

Plumbing Express

• Mike BamfordMike Bamford commented  · 

Suggesting that you integrate the time card with the location tracking feature. Maybe a single clock in/out button on the mobile app. When the employee is out it stops the tracking when In the tracking turns back on.

• pete sparkpete spark commented  · 

Yes i would like to see this too.
        But we do not use the Quickbooks features and so would want to have it download some other way.

• MaiMai commented  · 

@jennietai i hope its going to be a slick feature like sheets....

• MikeMike commented  · 

I have read some of theses reviews because i have also been asking about time sheet or better way of timing in and out of each job and i'm extremely surprised that it has been under review for the last 2 years.

• timtim commented  · 

I'm about to switch this is taking forever for this feature
        for 20 dollars more a month I can have communicate with my staff and track time but I love help desk lay out I'm going to have to switch if something doesn't change quick my business relays on this

• timtim commented  · 

any updates on this

• Shawn PatelShawn Patel commented  · 

I'm a demo user right now, but I'm just wondering, how long does it take for suggest to get implemented? These ideas have all been added over 2+ years, but no action has been taken, for the fees we pay; should we not expect better implementation, since these votes are so high, right?

• Tim HealyTim Healy commented  · 

For the record, I am actively looking for a replacement for mHelpDesk . This why. All I need, is the ability to enter a start and end date on a report that shows the labor line items for employees, ie a timesheet. The data already exists. All your programmers need to do is create a simple query. Secondly, I need a report showing what material my employees sold yesterday. If this does not happen soon I'm gone.

• FSI MechanicalFSI Mechanical commented  · 

Mhelpdesk........My Time Card idea has reached 632 votes and still nothing has been put in place. Are we any closer to achieving this??????

• dianediane commented  · 

Awesome idea, we can really use this.

• Tim HealyTim Healy commented  · 

mHelpDesk seems to create all the data needed to create time sheets. The time tracking feature creates the data by using the time tracking clock. I created a line item called Labor-Travel (no charge to the customer). When techs start to drive to a job they start the clock. When they get to the job they stop the clock, then start it again as line item Labor-Service Call. When they finish their job they stop thy clock. Now we tracked time on job and travel time. The next issue is tracking time spent at the shop or going to the supply house etc. So I've created a customer called Tim Healy Services (customer,my company Name). When they get to the shop in the morning they start the clock at a job (my company name) under the line line item Labor-Admin Tech/Warehouse. When they leave the shop they stop the clock. When they go to the supply house they do the same. To create a time card I go to Reports and select the dates and create a report of individual techs line items labor- "whatever." Sounds great right? I will start this this Monday Jan 15, 2017. If anyone has any suggestions please post here. Maybe we can get mhelpDesk off their butts ;-)

• adamadam commented  · 

I'm guessing from the lack of feedback this one's probably pretty far out from being completed. A shame, was really looking forward to the added functionality.

• Richard ClemensRichard Clemens commented  · 

Has this timesheet module been created yet? It is possibly the thing holding me back from trying mhelpdesk.

← Previous 1 3

Feedback and Knowledge Base