Many service professionals have customer data they'd like to import into mHelpDesk. CSV (Comma Separated Value) is a common file format for importing this type of data. This type of file is available from applications like Microsoft Excel, Google Sheets and QuickBooks. If you have a CSV file, you can import it into your mHelpDesk account with the steps below.
Before you import:
Your file should be in a "tab delimited" format (this is a type of CSV) with your customers' name in the left column. Also, the file should have the column headers provided below in the top row of the file. You should include all columns, even if they are blank.
A Customer CSV Template can be downloaded under People > Customers > Options > Download Customer CSV Template
- Customer Name
Now that the CSV file is formatted for import, here's how you will add it to your mHelpDesk account.
1. From the left navigation panel, click People > Customers
2. Click the drop down arrow next to + Add > Select Import Customer CSV
3. Click Select and choose your customer list from a file selection window
**(TIP) Select a tab delimited file (File format: text or csv; Max: 20MB)**
4. Click Next
5. Map each field to your list in the Mapping Fields window that appears
6. Click Save
7. A notification will appear
8. Confirm your customers have imported successfully under People > Customers