mHelpDesk Payments is a payment processor right within the mHelpDesk app, allowing you to quickly and easily collect a customer's credit card payment right after a job is completed. And at a market leading 2.49% processing rate (and 30 cents per transaction), mHelpDesk Payments could also save your company thousands of dollars a year in processing fees.
What is WePay?
- mHelpDesk has partnered with WePay to offer mHelpDesk Payments. WePay is a leading integrated payments provider, and we use their processing system to be able to take payments via credit cards and ACH (bank account).
Is my WePay password different from my mHelpDesk password?
- That depends. It is what you entered before clicking on the “Confirm” button in the confirmation email you received in order to complete the mHelpDesk Payments and WePay setup.
I clicked on “Try it Now” in the Payment Processor page. Am I done?
- Not yet. While you can start taking payments for your jobs right away, you will not be able to actually transfer that money to your bank account without finishing the setup (see below).
How do I finish the setup?
- Check your email for an email asking you to finish the setup. It will come from “mHelpDesk Payments via WePay”. Check your spam folder if you don't see it right away.
What is the credit card processing rate?
- 2.49% + $0.30 per transaction, which is much better than most standard payment processors. Many of our customers save thousands of dollars per year after switching to mHelpDesk Payments from processors like Stripe and PayPal.
What about checks?
- You can process ACH payments (like a digital check) in mHelpDesk Payments.
- The rate is even better than credit cards, at 1% + $0.30 per transaction.
Is the transaction rate taken from my account?
- No, it is taken out of each transaction.
- The net balance (the transaction amount minus the transaction fee) is shown in your WePay account.
- There will be no further deductions after that.
What about chargebacks?
- Chargeback amounts are subtracted from your WePay balance.
- If the balance is $0, then the money is debited from the associated bank account.
How do I change the email address associated with my mHelpDesk Payments account?
- mHelpDesk can do that for you! Just contact us at 888 558 6275 ext. 2.
How do I change my bank account details and how often I want my withdrawals?
- You can do this from your WePay account by logging in and editing the details in “My Profile”.
What happens if I don’t finish setting up my mHelpDesk Payments account?
- You will not be able to withdraw the money in your mHelpDesk Payments account to your bank account.
- 14 days after you take your first payment using mHelpDesk Payments, if your account has not been set up, your account will be placed on HOLD (you will not be able to take any more payments).
- 30 days after you take your first payment using mHD payments, the funds in your mHelpDesk Payments account will be returned to the source it came from.
What kind of cards does mHelpDesk Payments accept?
- Visa, Mastercard, American Express and Discover.
Can we do recurring payments using mHelpDesk Payments?
- Not at this time. All transactions are one time transactions.
Where do I go for WePay support?
- They do not currently have a phone support line.
I set my withdrawals to be daily, but it’s been 2 days and the money has not moved to my account.
- It takes 2 - 5 business days (depending on the financial institution) to process the incoming deposit and make it available to your account.
- WePay and mHelpDesk has no control over this process.
Is there a limit on how much payment I can take using mHelpDesk Payments?
- If the signup process has been completed, then there is no cap.
- If the signup process has not been completed, you may collect up to $10,000.
I took my first mHelpDesk Payments payment and the money is not in my WePay account.
- Every transaction goes through WePay’s automated ‘Risk Engine’.
- The ‘Risk Engine’ makes sure there is no fraud for either the buyer or the receiver (Payer / Payee).
- Very large ($8,000+) initial transactions take time to process.